Bodum Java French Press, 8 cup
About the JAVA French Press Coffee Maker
Beloved by coffee connoisseurs around the world, Bodum’s iconic French press brewing system offers simplicity of brewing and purity of taste. Our JAVA French press coffee maker has an iconic, retro-style design with all the modern qualities necessary to produce a rich, flavorful brew.
Simple, stylish and swift, the JAVA transforms coarsely ground beans and hot water into the most reinvigorating of drinks within minutes. Its borosilicate glass carafe won’t alter or impair the flavor of your favorite coffee, while its durable plastic frame looks fantastic and characterizes the Bodum motto that ‘good design doesn’t have to be expensive’.
An environmentally friendly method of brewing, the JAVA is the best French press coffee maker for ultimate simplicity and maximum taste.
Main Features & Benefits
- Iconic French press coffee maker that brings out the full flavor and aroma of your brew.
- The carafe is made of non-stain, heat-resistant borosilicate glass that won’t alter or impair the coffee’s natural flavor.
- The glass is framed with durable and lightweight plastic that protects the glass and is comfortable to use.
- Stainless steel plunger prevents ground beans escaping when the coffee is poured.
- More environmentally friendly than many coffee-brewing methods – no paper filters or plastic capsules required.
- Easy to use and easy to clean.
Use & Care
The French press system is the simplest way to brew rich, flavorful coffee.
- Place the JAVA on a flat surface, hold the handle firmly, and pull the plunger up and out of the carafe.
- Add one rounded teaspoon or one Bodum scoop of coarsely ground coffee for each cup/4oz water.
- Pour hot water into the carafe (about 92-96ºC) leaving a minimum of 2.5cm/1inch at the top, and stir with a plastic or wooden spoon.
- Place the plunger unit on top of the pot and turn the lid so the pour spout is closed to retain the heat.
- Leave four minutes to brew, then slowly lower the plunger. Turn the lid to open the pour spout and pour your delicious cup of joe.
- Wash in warm, soapy water before first use and dry thoroughly. All parts are dishwasher safe.
*All of our coffee and tea makers are measured in European cup sizes: 1 Cup = about 4oz.